To The Older Generation
- Don’t resent, fear, or judge the emerging generation. Instead, believe in them.
- You were different at one time from those who went before you.
- If you aren’t dead, you aren’t done.
- Don’t be threatened by younger generations. Realize that they need you.
- Many of us don’t know how to delegate. We think delegating is giving people something to do. Delegating tasks creates followers. Delegating responsibility creates leaders.
- Younger generations need your wisdom.
- Just be yourself. Don’t try to be cool. Authenticity trumps cool every single time.
To The Younger Generation
- You need those who have gone before you.
- Studies show that the younger generation is most often described by employers as entitled.
- Because the emerging generation feels entitled, when it comes to ministry, you feel you need to do it all now. You want to be in leadership, but you can’t speed up maturity.
- You often overestimate what God wants to do through you in the short run, and you often grossly underestimate what God wants to do through you in the long run.
- Always show your leaders honor. Honor publicly results in influence privately. Do not treat your leaders as common or ordinary. Dishonor and faith in the leaders before you limit your church.
- Some people need to repent for dishonoring the God-ordained position above them.
- Your generation is the most cause-driven generation of modern history.You are a chosen generation.
- I believe that you can do what I couldn’t do.